Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes activities that are not allowed in connection with your use of the Mailmust Services. The AUP is incorporated by reference in your Agreement with Mailmust.
Capitalized terms used in this AUP and not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning given in the Agreement.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to support@Mailmust.com
When sending an email, your recipient must be either someone with whom you have a personal or professional relationship, or is a customer, member or subscriber of your business or organization, or who has specifically asked to receive your emails by opting in or signing up in some way, or someone who has bought a product or service from you in the past 18 months.
We have strict rules for sending to mailing lists. The following rules must be followed when sending to a mailing list:
Lists must be 100% opt-in. This means that you must have obtained the permission of your recipients to send them emails. Examples of lists that are not allowed are purchased lists, email addresses scoured from the Internet, and marketing leads (including lists built via LinkedIn or obtained from a 3rd party).
In addition, lists must be up-to-date, and have had emails sent to them recently (within the previous 3 months). We closely monitor the percentage of bouncing email addresses and take action where necessary.
You must not use the service to ‘clean’ your mailing list. Cleaning your mailing list means testing the validity of email addresses by sending to those addresses when you know or suspect a list is out of date or contains a high proportion of invalid addresses.
An opt-out (unsubscribe) link must be placed at the bottom of each email which will allow the recipients to immediately remove themselves from the maillist.
Emails must not contain content related to the industries mentioned below.
You must also NOT use the service to send emails that contain content related to the following industries or activities. Such emails, even if ‘opt-in’, generate a high proportion of complaints and could jeopardise our service for all of our users.
Pornographic or adult content
Adult novelty items
Dating or escort services
Affiliate marketing or CPA marketing
Get-rich-quick, work-at-home schemes or paid surveys
Online trading, forex trading, or stock market related content
Gambling services, products or gambling education
Streaming TV services
Credit repair, get-out-of-debt content
Advertising your CV
Mortgages and/or loans (without prior approval)
Herbal highs or herbal incense
Nutritional supplements, herbal supplements or vitamin supplements
List brokers or list rental services
Essay writing services
Bulk RFQ (request for quote) emails
Designer goods (without prior approval)
Fake phishing emails for a ‘training exercise’ or penetration testing
Unsolicited marketing email (i.e. without proper permission from recipients)
We have a strict policy against spamming. We forbid the use of the service to send unsolicited mass emails or unsolicited emails of any kind. We reserve the right to terminate your account “for cause” if we deem you to be in violation of our anti-spamming policies. We also reserve the right to suspend your account pending review upon receipt of any complaint or other evidence that you may be engaging in any spamming activity.
You must also NOT use the service to a) knowingly send emails containing viruses, worms, or any other harmful code or software, b) send defamatory, harmful, abusive, vulgar or obscene content or material, c) send emails that are not in compliance with all applicable laws, or that do infringe upon the rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, privacy rights, moral rights, trade secrets, patents and any other rights d) harass or send threatening content.
You must also NOT use the service in a manner that substantially reduces performance for other subscribers, send “mailbombs” or other harmful devices, or engage in activity designed to gain unauthorized access to any of our computers or information.
You must also NOT use the service to send emails from email addresses which you do not have permission to use or which are not valid, or send from invalid email addresses for the purposes of testing your account.
You must also NOT use the service to auto-forward emails originally sent by 3rd parties. You must have full control of the content and quality of emails sent.
In the event that we deem you to be in violation of any of these policies, we shall immediately suspend your account and take further action as deemed necessary, including pursuing legal action.
You may not use Mailmust’s network or Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Any activity or conduct that is likely to be in breach of any applicable laws, codes or regulations, including data protection and privacy laws and laws relating to unsolicited commercial electronic messages;
- Use of an internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Introducing intentionally, knowingly or recklessly, any virus or other contaminating code into the Services;
- Collecting or using information, including email addresses, screen names or other identifiers, by deceit, (such as, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Distributing software that covertly gathers or transmits information about a user;
- Distributing advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems (such as Microsoft’s “add/remove” tool);
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Mailmust network or website, or Mailmust’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS);
- Any activity intended to withhold or cloak identity or contact information, including the omission, deletion, forgery or misreporting of any transmission or identification information, such as return mailing and IP addresses;
- Interference with service to any user of the Mailmust or other network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Any action which directly or indirectly results in any of our IP space being listed on any abuse database (i.e. Spamhaus);
- Conducting any gambling activity in violation of any required licenses, codes of practice, or necessary technical standards required under the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which your site is hosted or accessed; or
- Any action that is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Mailmust.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via the Services any content or links to any content that Mailmust reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, non-consensual sex acts, or otherwise unlawfully exploits persons under 18 years of age;
- Publish, transmit or store any content or links to any content that is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, contains harassing content or hate speech, creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, or public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with an investigation by law enforcement;
- Is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- Is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy; or
- Is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, morally repugnant.
No High Risk Use
You may not use the Services in any situation where failure or fault of the Services could lead to death or serious bodily injury of any person, or to physical or environmental damage. For example, you may not use, or permit any other person to use, the Services in connection with aircraft or other modes of human mass transportation or nuclear or chemical facilities.
You must comply with the laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email in your jurisdiction. In addition, your bulk or commercial email must meet the following requirements:
- You must have the means to track anonymous complaints; and
- You must not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You must post an email address for complaints (such as email@example.com) in a conspicuous place on any website associated with the email, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure, and you can produce the evidence of such consent within 72 hours of receipt of a request by the recipient or Mailmust;
- You must use reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You must include the recipient’s e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail.
- You must honor revocations of consent and notify recipients of the same;
These policies apply to messages sent using the Services, or, if applicable, to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via the Services. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These requirements apply to distribution lists created by third parties to the same extent as if you created the list.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a Mailmust system or network, or to breach the Mailmust security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques.
Without limiting the application of any other provisions of this AUP, with respect to any of the Services’ email validation features or functionality, you may not:
- Use the Services to verify the email address(es) of any person who has not affirmatively consented (i.e., opted-in) to, or who has not expressly opted-out from, receiving email communications from you;
- Use the Services to validate email addresses that were purchased, rented or similarly obtained from a third party (i.e., third party email lists); or
- Use the Services to harvest email addresses or otherwise determine the existence of unknown email addresses.
The Services may not be used in violation of export laws, controls, regulations or sanction policies of the United States or your applicable jurisdiction. The Services may not be used by persons, organizations, companies or any such other legal entity or unincorporated body, including any affiliate or group company, which is involved with or suspected of involvement in activities or causes relating to: illegal gambling; terrorism; narcotics trafficking; arms trafficking or the proliferation, development, design, manufacture, production, stockpiling, or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or missiles; in each case including any affiliation with others whatsoever who sponsor or support the above such activities or causes.
Intellectual Property and Other Proprietary Rights
You may not use our Services in a manner that infringes on or misappropriates the rights of a third party in any work protected by copyright, trade or service mark, invention, or other intellectual property or proprietary information. For example:
- You may not use the Services to download, publish, torrent, distribute, use, or otherwise copy in any manner any text, music, software, art, image, or other work protected by copyright law unless you have permission from the owner of the work to use or copy the work in that manner, or you are otherwise permitted by established intellectual property law to copy or use the work or rights in that manner;
- You may not use the Services to publish content intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections; and
- You may not display another person’s trademark without permission.
In addition, you may not use the Services to publish another person’s trade secrets, or to publish information in violation of a duty of confidentiality. It is Mailmust’s policy to terminate the services of customers who are repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
Cooperation with Investigations and Legal Proceedings
If we are legally required to permit any relevant authority to inspect your content or traffic, you agree we can do so; provided however that, where possible without breaching any legal or regulatory requirement, we give you reasonable prior notice of such requirement.
We may, without notice to you, report to the appropriate authorities any conduct by you that we believe violates applicable law, and provide any information we have about you, or your users or your traffic and cooperate in response to a formal request from a law enforcement or regulatory agency investigating any such activity, or in response to a formal request in a civil action that on its face meets the requirements for such a request.
Excessive Use of Shared System Resources
You may not use any shared system provided by Mailmust in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. For example, we may require you to repair coding abnormalities in your application if it unnecessarily conflicts with other Mailmust customers’ use of the Services. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.
Third Party Conduct
You are responsible for violations of this AUP by anyone using your Services with your permission or on an unauthorized basis as a result of your failure to use reasonable security precautions. Your use of the Services to assist another person in an activity that would violate this AUP if performed by you is a violation of the AUP.
You must use reasonable efforts to secure any device or network within your control against being used in breach of the applicable laws against spam and unsolicited email, including where appropriate by the installation of antivirus software, firewall software and operating system and application software patches and updates. Our right to suspend or terminate your Services applies even if a breach is committed unintentionally or without your authorization, including through a Trojan horse or virus.
- You may only use IP addresses assigned to you by Mailmust in connection with your Mailmust Services.
- You agree that if you register a DNS record or zone on Mailmust managed or operated DNS servers or services for a domain of which you are not the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrars WHOIS system, that, upon request from the registrant or administrative contact according to the registrars WHOIS system, Mailmust may modify, transfer, or delete such records or zones.
- You may not register to use any Services under a false name, or use an invalid or unauthorized credit card in connection with any Services.
Changes to the AUP
The Internet is still evolving, and the ways in which the Internet may be abused are also still evolving. Therefore, we may from time to time amend this AUP to further detail or describe reasonable restrictions on your use of our Services by publishing a revised version of the AUP at http://Mailmust.com/usepolicy.html, or in the event of a material adverse change to the AUP, by providing you thirty (30) days written notice.
The revised AUP will become effective as to you on the first to occur of: (i) your execution of a new or additional agreement with respect to the Services that incorporates the revised AUP by reference, (ii) the first day of a renewal term for an Agreement that begins at least thirty (30) days after the time that the revised AUP has been posted, or (iii) thirty (30) days following our written notice to you of a material change to the AUP.
If your compliance with the revised AUP would adversely affect your use of the Services, you may elect to terminate the Agreement by giving Mailmust written notice of your objection no later than thirty (30) days following the date that the revised AUP would otherwise have become effective as to you. We will not charge you an early termination fee for a termination on these grounds. If you elect to terminate, you may continue using the Services for up to an additional ninety (90) days and we will not enforce the revision as to you during this time, you will continue to be subject to the prior version. If you choose to terminate your Services under this Subsection, we may decide to waive that change as to you and keep your Agreement in place for the remainder of the term.
Consequences of Violation of AUP
If you breach the AUP we may suspend or terminate your Services in accordance with the Agreement. We may intercept or block any content or traffic belonging to you or to users where Services are being used unlawfully or not in accordance with this AUP.
No credit will be available under the Agreement for interruptions of service resulting from any AUP violation.